Thursday, February 16, 2012

Buenos. I'm Tired

Red eyed with wickedly curly locks, a backpack and slightly stinky attire is how I rolled into my abode for the night. I just spent a not-so-agonizing twenty hours flying from Calgary to Toronto to Santiago and finally landing in Buenos Aires. I wish I had been more cognitive for the bus ride from the airport to the city center. Between head nods however, the city looked amazing. And huge. It’s exactly as everyone told me it would be, a cross between any European city and any Latin one.

The slums next to the highway have more brick and mortar than a lot of the Latin places I’ve been, but they also have more tin roofs than any European one I’ve seen either. What I noticed first was the well maintained green spaces along the highway – park spaces even. No litter. The traffic was what I expected, although the tree lined boulevards weren’t necessarily.
I have been greeted with thunder and torrential rain. And a cheap bottle of wine, like $2 kinda cheap …. And yep, I just tasted it …. It tastes like what I would imagine $2 wine to taste like. Light. Sugary. Acidic…. In need of brandy and juice.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment