Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good Morning Kitsilano

I've always praised Vancouver's City Planners. The no highway thing is great, but the many parks and outdoor areas in and around the city is one of my favorite plans they've put fourth. For us dog owners, there are plenty of places to take our pooches off leash, one of my favorite being Kitsilano.
Reasons why I love this place range from the scenery, to the beach itself, to it's relative nearness to downtown. The best part about it is the fact the Granville Island Ferries will bring you across from downtown, dogs included, for less than five bucks! Every time I go, there are so many dogs socializing on the beach and adjacent grassy area; it's a great time for all.







The dog's just love it here.
While Vancouver's many hiking trails allow for adequate exercise, this beach in particular allows them to socialize with local doggies. Games of chase, fetch, and butt sniffing are hard to escape. Don't come to this beach if you're looking for some one-on-one time.
It's great in the summer, as right around the corner there are vendors selling hot dogs, people playing volley ball, and the occasional drum circle.










Bikini and Roy avoided the water for the most part today, thank god, but that doesn't mean they didn't manage to get filthy. Poor Roy has trouble keeping other dog's slobber off of him. I had to snap a portrait of his goobered face....

Although they didn't swim, we found a log that was absolutely fascinating. As Bikini tugged and pulled at this piece of driftwood, I took a moment to look around. It's 10am near the end of January; the sun hasn't had time to warm the beach, but yet, it's surprisingly warm. There are dogs playing in the water and cherry blossoms on the trees. Someone pinch me. . .

 

Today was a good day for both the dog's and myself. An early start to the day proved to be a lot of fun. I got some good shots, they got to play, and now I can write with the peace of snoring dogs
.I love my dogs.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're documenting your dogs.... I wish I had taken more photo's of ours when they were younger. I know what you're saying about 'just pinch me', it's gorgeous down in Point Roberts too !! Wish I had a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome blog! i found your link on craigslist and I will definitely be following as I'm looking for the same thing with Miley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete