Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Importance of Journal

Today I took it upon myself to reflect upon some of my writings. I've always written, although sometimes poetically, throughout my life. I came across one that I wrote before the age of seventeen that was talking about perception. Even then I realized how important it was to write in the now, in order to reflect upon it later. It came to me that our personal history is often so skewed by perceptions of who we thought we were, or who we like to think we were. Reflecting upon realities, rather than relying on memory alone really defines who you are, were and could become.

Just a thought. Keep it real, keep a journal.

1 comment:

  1. Reflecting upon realities, rather than relying on memory alone really defines who you are, were and could become.

    i want to debate this with you sometime.
    40 a day man.

    ReplyDelete