Monday, October 25, 2010

Quick Trip to The Island

As you may have guessed, I took Bikini with me, and so follows a few dog portraits.

While on our ferry trip over, we discovered that dogs arn't allowed on the passanger deck. That's fine I suppose, although the loading on and off with the car traffic could and should be avoided. 
We sat for the full hour and a half in a small, unlit dungeon quaintly designated the "pet area". Lucky for me, it was positioned against what I considered to be some sort of engine room. The constant clanking, and turning of machinery was somewhat hypnotic, but the real bonus was that it kept the far wall oddly warm. I huddled up to that thing like a lizard on a rock. With my good buddy to my right, my guidebook to Asia, and her comfy dog bed... things weren't all that bad. I didn't have to talk to anyone. Didn't spend money on a burger. Just sat peacefully, drinking a beer with my dog. 

Gargoyle



We took a walk through some trails full of garbage and obvious human disgrace. There were arbutus trees though, and damn, I love those arbutus trees. In between shots of beautiful mossy rocks, and ferns there'd be litter, or a broken bottle or three.


Bikini can be seen here, putting up with mom taking pictures. She looks like a gargoyle, or troll or something....

She loves music

And napping









No comments:

Post a Comment