Saturday, November 20, 2010

Box

The fan’s drone reverberates off every wall in my box they call a room. The florescent light above me flickers ever so slightly, illuminating every hand print, foot print, and other marking against the walls. The off white wall paint turns a pale toxic green under the single tube light that brightens the room. The one window contains a view of the hallway, and does not supply fresh air or sunlight. This is a typical Thai Guesthouse. I feel fortuned to have hot water, and internet access not to mention an English speaking host. Linens are in fact provided on my single, hard bed. The crisp white sheets accent the virulent wall color. Two pillows allow me to gain comfort in an otherwise institutional room. I’m just glad to have the glow of my computer to complete the picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment